Different Levels of workers
Currently the requesters are wary of the results that they will get out for the various tasks that they post. Requesters need to trust the results that they get are of good quality ,i.e the worker has put in a decent amount of effort for completing the task. We propose a social platform that lets the requesters and workers connect in professional trusted environment. The platform lets workers view requester profiles which contains all the relevant information that a worker could possibly need to assess the trustworthiness of the requester. The data on these profiles is partially controlled by requesters who can attract good reputed workers by putting up relevant information and details about themselves. Some of the data on these profiles are also collectively controlled by workers. We believe that these profiles could play a huge role in letting the workers filter out unfair and scamming requesters who don't pay as the community's views on these requesters would show up in the information/statistics on their profiles.
Moreover, we propose to break up the workers into different levels. Posting work to a high level worker might be costly but it improves the chances that the quality of the work is high too.
How it works
A requester while posting the task can decide what level of workers will be working on it. The price/minute for a level 1 task will be greater than the price/minute for a level 0 task. A requester will also pay a higher fee to the platform for putting work to higher level.
- We propose that a requester can add any level 1 or greater worker to his circle.
- A requester adds a worker to his circle if he is satisfied with the worker's output.
- Whenever the worker posts a task , the people in his circle will be automatically notified.
- Also, a requester who has some urgent work can on demand send work to people in his circle with additional pay to the worker/a monetary bonus.
Progressing to the next level
- A worker has to be done with a amount of HITs and have a certain acceptance ratio to make him/her eligible for the next level.
- One of main issues with mturk is the difficulty to get started for the new workers. So, to progress to level 1 , a worker has to be mentor 5 new workers for a week. This makes the getting started for the new workers easier, as they have a direct source of communication to clarify basic doubts.
- We could also incorporate some other tasks to help the community as a pre requisite to progress to a new level.
- High level workers can apply for being moderators, ie intermediaries between the requesters and workers.
- A specific section of the workers can be elevated to the level of moderators.
- Mods can help in vetting of a worker's task for a percentage of the fee. This is beneficial for both the workers and mods. Mods get money for their effort and workers get their work vetted by an experienced worker, so that their rejection rate isn't affected.
- Every mod's profile will have the number of works vetted , and the number of works vetted by the mod that were rejected by the requester.
- Inactive mods or mods with a low number of works vetted to the number of works rejected ratio might get de-elevated to the position of an ordinary worker.
- Workers can form groups, channels, pages that can help them collaborate, communicate and share opportunities more efficiently.
- They can form cliques and groups based on similar skills, interests, competence or even task preferences.
- Individual workers of these cliques could be recommended similar tasks based on what members of the same clique are doing.
- These cliques could act as unions which are powerful enough to address common issues and concerns but not too powerful so as to adversely affect the requesters in any significantly pejorative way.
- Workers level up, get achievements, follow requesters and get better work to do on performing consistently.
- Workers can follow requesters whose work they like
- Workers can blacklist requesters with whom they would NOT like to work.
- Workers can have "favourites" among requesters.
- Workers can have lists of requesters and as soon as any task is posted by any of them
- Workers can express interest in requesters by clicking on a button that can let the requesters know how big a workforce do they have that would be interested in working for them. Next time the requester posts a task the worker is notified about it.
- Workers can set preferences when it comes to the kind of requesters and jobs they want to filter in or filter out.
How it helps
We see that a higher level worker has some experience with working for the community and has a high number of HITs he/she has worked on. We can assume that high level workers do the turking on a full time basis as progressing requires significant amount of effort for turking. So, a requester can be assured that the turkers will produce good quality work. Even the workers are added in their when the requester's are happy with the worker's quality of work submitted. This increases the trust of the requester on the results that they get.