- 1 How to setup the environment?
- 2 What to work on?
- 3 What are the categories?
- 4 How to submit the work
- 5 What is the Release Cycle
How to setup the environment?
- Please go through README
Current folder structure:
- Backend: crowdsourcing Serializers, Validators, Viewsets, Models, Views, tests
- Front End statcfiles css, js (angular services, controllers) Angular routes Configurations, templates html
- Admin csp
- Fig 1 shows the overview of the architecture. For more Information please see
- Data Models
- Front End
- Git Strategy
- Active Branches:
Develop, Staging, Production
If you have questions
- Check existing FAQs.
- If you don't get answer: add your question to the FAQs list, ping on slack #infra channel, escalate the issue to DRIs
What to work on?
Working on the existing issues
- Take a look at the Open Issues
- Helpful search tags:
Unassigned Open & Critical, Need Backup,
- Choose the issue you would like to work on
- Add it to the google doc: Issue Name, Your Name, Your Git Hub Id
- If you want to raise request for the new issue or feature (see the section below)
Creating New issue/feature Requests:
- If you want to create new issue, task, feature request add it the Fig 2 Github Issues
- The Labels in the Fig 2 highlight various tags that needs to be associated with the issue.
- Description Write a clear description explaining the new request. Add below tags:-
- Add tags 0. Feature Request, 0. Please Prioritize
- Add the one tags from 1 to 9 describing category of your request
- Assign the issue to yourself and in the description add following DRI handle so that immediate notification will be sent:
|#||Category Name||Add DRI handles in the Description|
|2||FRONT END ENGINEERING||@nistala, @neilthemathguy, @dmorina|
|3||SYSTEMS||@dmorina, @elsabakiu, @neilthemathguy, @ksetyadi|
|4||DATA||@dmorina, @elsabakiu, @neilthemathguy, @ksetyadi|
|5||DEPLOYMENT||@ksetyadi, @dmorina, @neilthemathguy|
|6||SECURITY||@ksetyadi, @dmorina, @elsabakiu, @neilthemathguy|
|8||TESTING||@swapagarwal, @dmorina, @ksetyadi, @neilthemathguy|
|9||OTHERS||@dmorina, @ksetyadi, @nistala, @neilthemathguy|
What are the categories?
How to submit the work
- While raising the pull request add the issue number to the request, it will help to cross reference the release
What is the Release Cycle
Three Phase Cycle
- Staging Ready for Production
- Released to Production