Revision as of 16:13, 10 May 2015 by Avrimmit
- 1 How to setup the environment?
- 2 What to work on?
- 3 What are the categories?
- 4 How to submit the work
- 5 What is the Release Cycle
How to setup the environment?
- Please go through README
Current folder structure:
- Backend: crowdsourcing Serializers, Validators, Viewsets, Models, Views, tests
- Front End statcfiles css, js (angular services, controllers) Angular routes Configurations, templates html
- Admin csp
- Fig 1 shows the overview of the architecture. For more Information please see
- Data Models
- Front End
- Git Strategy
- Active Branches:
Develop, Staging, Production
If you have questions
- Check existing FAQs.
- If you don't get answer: add your question to the FAQs list, ping on slack #infra channel, escalate the issue to DRIs
What to work on?
Working on the existing issues
- Take a look at the Open Issues
- Helpful search tags:
Unassigned Open & Critical, Need Backup,
- Choose the issue you would like to work on
- Add it to the google doc: Issue Name, Your Name, Your Git Hub Id
- If you want to raise request for the new issue or feature (see the section below)
Creating New issue/feature Requests:
- If you want to create new issue, task, feature request add it the Fig 2 Github Issues
- The Labels in the Fig 2 highlight various tags that needs to be associated with the issue.
- Description Write a clear description explaining the new request. Add below tags:-
- Add tags 0. Feature Request, 0. Please Prioritize
- Add the one tags from 1 to 9 describing category of your request
- Assign the issue to yourself and in the description add following DRI handle so that immediate notification will be sent:
|#||Category Name||Add DRI handles in the Description|
|2||FRONT END ENGINEERING||@nistala, @neilthemathguy, @dmorina|
|3||SYSTEMS||@dmorina, @elsabakiu, @neilthemathguy, @ksetyadi|
|4||DATA||@dmorina, @elsabakiu, @neilthemathguy, @ksetyadi|
|5||DEPLOYMENT||@ksetyadi, @dmorina, @neilthemathguy|
|6||SECURITY||@ksetyadi, @dmorina, @elsabakiu, @neilthemathguy|
|8||TESTING||@swapagarwal, @dmorina, @ksetyadi, @neilthemathguy|
|9||OTHERS||@dmorina, @ksetyadi, @nistala, @neilthemathguy|
What are the categories?
How to submit the work
- While raising the pull request add the issue number to the request, it will help to cross reference the release
What is the Release Cycle
Three Phase Cycle
- Staging Ready for Production
- Released to Production
Tasks, Issues, Feature Requests Breakdown
Task categorization is highlighted in the below diagram, depending on your interest please pick up the issue listed in the below list. You can use the label to search the issue on Git.