Good Practice in Slack Chat
Good practice for Slack chat
- Be succinct.
- Provide diagrams where possible.
- Amend your comments if you feel like you've not been clear in what you've written, but only during the conversation; don't go back and amend conversations after they've ended.
- Ping people who are not currently in the conversation who you'd know would want to be informed.
- Provide information in the #announcements channel of Slack when you create a new channel.
- When you have planned to have a meeting/hangout, pop a notification in the relevant channel and in #announcements.
- Put the link for any recorded meetings in the relevant channel and in #announcements. Not every person is a member of every channel, but every person is a member of #announcements.
- There is a glitch in Slack - not every member receives the @everyone messages so avoid using @everyone in any of your messages. Use @channel instead.