Milestone 3 NotMathMajors
We used the [GroupZap] collaboration tool for our brainstorming, where we all aided in posing "How might we..." questions that we then followed up with the answers. Our output from the brainstorm can be found [here]. This process led us to 20 possible solutions to the common needs of workers and requestors who need trust and power.
- Market rates
- Create a system that monitors the average/median price per minute for tasks on the platform. Workers and requestors alike would be able to view the market rate when searching for tasks or creating them.
- Create a rating system for the feedback with upvotes or downvotes and pin respective overall ratings to the reviewers.
- Requestor feedback and certification
- Have requestors that have accepted work from profiles be able to credit them on their work and give certifications in fields. After accumulating enough certifications it will show on your profile.
- Automated Respect
- Implement a system for flagging and reporting comments and an automated assessment to find cursing foul language etc.
- Ranking System
- Create tiers of work and workers that can be unlocked through experience on the board. Higher tier, more diligent workers can access higher tier requests.
- Facial Recognition
- Initial webcam verification for each worker account, the user showcases verification that they are a particular person and has outlined attributes: male/female, ethnicity. Also, logging in to the system could be based off of facial recognition and a password.
- Modified Master's Qualifications
- Modified Master's Equivalent for requestors this will be based on meeting certain criteria we (the platform) deem fair and acceptable. A minimum pay rate and understandable tasks are required to receive this qualification. Users will be able to flag the requestors they believe fit this role, a certain discrepancy between positive and negative flags will result in being qualified or not qualified.
- Background checks
- Require checks in worker background or links to a social media page such as a facebook, so a requester may find information on the worker and make an accurate image of them for the work they say they can produce.
- Allow requestors and workers to create portfolios of their "highly-skilled" work on their profiles; or, import the portfolios from other websites such as GitHub and Behance.
- Rewarding Respect
- Implement a system for respectful and disrespectful comments made. Workers can earn stars for being respectful in the same way Amazon sellers get stars for being prompt and respectful.
- Skill Assessments
- Have short skill assessment tests to give points or certifications that can be viewed by requester.
- Following Requestors
- Implement an optional platform supported extension or toolbar that notifies users when certain requesters post, this will include user's current balanced and number of approved and pending work.
- Open Forum
- A platform supported forum where both requesters and workers are encouraged to interact and learn from one another.
- Proving Ability through Communication
- Workers must communicate with the requester and provide adequate knowledge in a subject before approval of work.
- Categorical Task Suggestions
- Platform task suggestions based on the category workers typically complete i.e. Netflix's "recommended for you".
- Return Submission for Review
- Requesters option to return tasks instead of simply denying, they return the task with feedback and/or a generalized description of what was done wrong.
- Categorization of Tasks for Search
- Categorization of tasks based on what workers want to do i.e. answer survey questions, categorize photos, or descriptions, etc.
- Bonuses for Good Behavior
- Platform supported incentives for being a consistently good worker or good requester. This could include small monetary bonuses or higher exposure to a task.
- Example Tasks
- Allow tasks to be flagged as "successful," and therefore be used as examples for other requesters when they are attempting to create tasks.
- Rushed vs. Relaxed tasks
- Have a rushed and relaxed section of requests. Rushed section can be expedited and be the first section to be shown to workers with a preference for fast paced, well done work. The relaxed section can also reward people for very in depth work that meets requirements of the requester.
Dive Deeper into Specific Ideas
- Milestone 3 NotMathMajors TrustIdea 1: Market Rates - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/TaNbEkmeoSSiv5vDB
- Milestone 3 NotMathMajors TrustIdea 2: Facial Recognition For Sign-Up and Login - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/spvD7jSZAXrSJJ8A5
- Milestone 3 NotMathMajors PowerIdea 1: Categorical Task Suggestions - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/2ahPqSJiNq7sZEhDN
- Milestone 3 NotMathMajors PowerIdea 2: Bonuses For Good Behavior - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/8rzqr2wJaFBEpsm7D