Milestone 3 Professionals
- How might we enable workers to trust the requester’s intention to pay?
- Show the past history of the requester and rank them acc. to their paying power/intention
- How do I trust that you’ll respect me as a worker, and pay me accordingly?
- Again maintain requester ranking
- Trust the system as a perennial source of income
- Provide the worker with jobs to choose from such that he/she is best matched to finish them
- Understand the goal of the task and trust their understanding to take it up
- Allow workers to solve sample question set by the same requester for the job with answers, if the worker gets them right, then cool, else intimate the worker that this job is probably not best suited for him/her
- How might we enable requesters to trust the results they get back?
- Give the past reviews of workers from other requesters, and give the avg rating of all workers that did this job.
- Cross-validation of answers for questions with other workers can also lead to a high quality result
- How do I trust who you say you are?
- The system certifies the workers based on past performance
- How do I trust that the results I get are results that will be good?
- Allow requesters to test againsta gold set of questions which answers to evaluate the workers performance
- How do i price the right money for a job?
- Give requesters a ball-in-the-park number for the price for similar past jobs
- Bidding by workers is another option, of course there needs to be a max & min limit
- Trust that my job will be completed in time
- Set artificial limits on jobs and decrease the price for a job as time increases - eg: for the 1st hr the job pays $0.05 for each answer, for the second hr the job pays $0.03, and so on as time increases.
- Workers need to be able to quickly find tasks they'd want to work on
- Collect skills of workers, and make requesters tag each job with these skill tags, and rank the jobs for each worker based on these tags
- Workers need to be able to expose their skills so they can get work they are qualified for and advance their skills
- Allow workers to expose their skills as tags and a scale for each tag which varies based on worker's performance
- Can a worker, send back results directly to the requester, or does someone else need to vet it?
- Cross-validation needs to be done, workers can submit results and if validated it will reach the requester.
- Power to suggest alternate wording of a question or a job description for more clarity
- Allow workers to suggest better wording for clarity to the requesters so that the requester can correct them and workers can go on to finsih the job successfully
- Power to rate requesters
- If requesters don't pay workers right or if they post poor jobs, then workers should be given the power to flag/rank requesters.
- Power to post work?
- Yes, but should probably be acknowledged by "super-workers" who are established workers - who can suggest about the clarity and price of a job
- Power to edit other peoples’ posted work?
- Option to suggest to other requesters about their job and price - more of a discussion forum
- Power to refuse to pay for a poor job by workers
- If requester deems a job has been done wrong, or too much noise in the data, then he/she can refuse to pay up - flag the requester, if it happens too often then remove the requester from the system
- Power to choose worker profile to work on their task
- Since workers have skill-tags, if the requester specifies he only needs workers of certain skills and certain level for each skill work on his/her job, he should be able to
- Power to incentivize workers with more than just money for the job
- If a requester certain group of workers, he should be able to have a rewards program where he issues a contract to these worke workers for his future jobs.
Dive Deeper into Specific Ideas
- Milestone 3 Professionals TrustIdea 1: Ranking workers - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/TaNbEkmeoSSiv5vDB
- Milestone 3 Professionals TrustIdea 2: Ranking requesters - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/ShEsGS3tx2Gdq9noJ
- Milestone 3 Professionals PowerIdea 1: Expose worker skills - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/HEiG2GyJWLFPzThYc
- Milestone 3 Professionals PowerIdea 2: Power for requester to choose worker profile for his job - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/qsv2bcRNjSL3PC8sC