Milestone 3 Pumas
1)Worker Cooperative with Bots
Create a federated worker cooperative platform that is managed by the workers, and works for the workers. The platform leverages bots that help enforce the rules of the cooperative, finds and dispatches work. The platform will be federated and decentralized. The platform will provide workers with a dashboard of tasks to do, and tasks done. Requesters send their work petitions (task and payment amount) to bots which follow rules established collectively by the workers. The bots will analyze the work petition and the characteristics of the requesters (e.g., previous feedback given by workers, previous work petitions made) and based on the established rules will determine which tasks will be ultimately presented to requesters. The bots will also establish how tasks will be dispatched to workers, based on rules again collectively defined by the workers. The bots will edit others work to have them follow the guidelines (especially for new workers) and also edit work requests to also follow the cooperative’s rules. The platform will also allow workers to collectively define forms of payments. In some cases it might make sense to have electronic transactions, whereas in other places (e.g., developing countries where cash is more common than credit cards) other forms of payment will be accepted, such as trading work or goods.
2) Dynamic Advocacy Fighting Agency
Platform that creates dynamic advocacy groups that can fight for workers’ rights. Workers input the cause they want to fight for, and the platform: recruits other workers to help them fight for their cause. helps the group of workers to carry out their plans and succeed in the group’s fight.
3) Worker Cooperative with Executive Board
Create a worker cooperative platform that is managed by the workers, and works for the workers. The platform an executive board selected by the workers, which helps enforce the rules of the cooperative. The board will review the work petitions and decide whether the work request will be presented to workers. The board will analyze the previous behavior of the requester (previous feedback given by workers, previous work petition) and decide whether the work petition will go through. The board will also review the performance of workers, and use this to evaluate who will have access to certain tasks.
4) Bidding Station
Platform that allows anyone to input work and set the price (or form of trade) for the work. Workers can also make bids on the work, and input other forms of payment (e.g., trade work for material goods, or even for other type of work.)
5) Growing the Love Community Platform
Platform that creates incentives for: a) workers to collaborate to produce high quality work, and b) requesters to collaborate to produce high quality work requests. Some of the incentives could be to provide increments in workers’ salaries when the workers as a whole received satisfactory reviews on their work. The platform will decrement the workers’ salary when the workers as a whole received bad reviews on their work. The platform will also create mechanisms through which the community can provide support to workers who need it. For instance, when one particular worker is performing extremely bad the platform could inform other experiences empathic workers, and create a meeting where they collectively discuss the worker’s problems and help the worker to become a strong contributor to the platform.
6. Grassroots to Organizations
Create a platform that helps workers to unite and create the working platforms they desire. The platform will have an interactive interface that will help unite workers who want similar working conditions and help them to create the working dynamic they define collectively.
7. Family Love Platform
Platform where workers sign up with their family to work. Each family reviews and submits their work collectively. Each family is responsible of the quality of their work. Families who perform better according to requesters will receive social recognition as well as increased salaries. Families with expertise in certain areas will form "neighborhoods" and work together to review and edit the work of requesters. The neighborhood will be responsible of dispatching tasks to other families (usually families from the neighborhood). The neighborhood will also be responsible of editing the tasks of requesters to make them understandable to the families, and ensure they can conduct high quality work.
8. Electro Shock Punishments A board of ex-prison guards will be responsible of reviewing the tasks written by requesters and work submitted by workers. The board will give electro-shocks to requesters who do not follow guidelines or write confusing tasks. The board will also give electro-shocks to workers who produce low quality work.
9. Editorial Flash Mental Models A system that has 4 stages. In one stage the requesters present their tasks to the system. A flash panel reviews the task and edits the task to match the mental model of workers (i.e., the type of task that workers expect and can understand.) The panel then sends the tasks to the workers. The workers present their results. The flash panel reviews the work and checks that it matches the mental model of the requester and edits the work accordingly.
10. Teaming Newbies and Experts Team new requesters with expert requesters, as well as new workers with expert ones. The experts will review the work of the newbies and provide advice so that they can present high quality requests and high quality work.
1. Trust via Empathic Visualizations Provide data visualizations that highlight: what workers say about a requester what a requester says about herself what requesters say about a worker what a worker says about herself
2. create a crowd police that goes after requesters or workers who are deceptive.
3. Enforce that everyone use their real identity for the system.
4. CrowdPowered Court Rooms create platforms where people can dispute that claims made by others, and can collectively judge and resolve such disputes, and sanction guilty deceptive parties.
5. create a platform that privileges workers and requesters who share portfolio of their work.
6. create platform where people who are deceptive can be bullied and harassed by the crowd.
7. create platform that visualizes the objectives and goals of each requester and worker, the type of work relationships they are after, and the type of work relationships they have had.
8. Social guilting platform that humiliates deceptive participants or requesters who pay too little. The platform will praise requesters who pay their workers well.
9. platform that occasionally makes requesters assume the role of workers , and makes workers assume the role of requesters. The assumption is that we can create trust through empathy.
10. show graphs of the percentage of satisfactory work done in the platform. create mechanisms through which crowd workers can help correct poor quality results done by other workers. Present to requesters only high quality work that has been evaluated by others and can ensure a certain bar.
11. create a platform that recognizes and provides benefits to high quality workers.
Dive Deeper into Specific Ideas
For each of the 4 ideas (2 for trust, 2 for power), describe (using diagrams, sketches, storyboards, text, or some combination) the ideas in further detail.
Please create a separate wiki page for each of your ideas, so we can link to them individually. The title of the wiki page should be Milestone 3 followed by your team name and a description of the idea itself (ex: Milestone 3 YourTeamName TrustIdea 1: Automatic Pricing for Tasks based on Average Completion Time). Once done, post a link to each of your trust-related ideas to http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/category/milestone-3-trust-ideas and a link to each of your power-related ideas to http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/category/milestone-3-power-ideas when done, following the instructions at http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/bXSNbqihjajASBQEL
- Milestone 3 YourTeamName TrustIdea 1: Description of some trust-related idea - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/TaNbEkmeoSSiv5vDB
- Milestone 3 YourTeamName TrustIdea 2: Description of another trust-related idea - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/ShEsGS3tx2Gdq9noJ
- Milestone 3 Pumas PowerIdea 1: Cooperative with Bots Power! -
- Milestone 3 YourTeamName PowerIdea 2: Description of another power-related idea - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/qsv2bcRNjSL3PC8sC
Dark Horse idea
Describe your dark horse idea (using diagrams, sketches, storyboards, text, or some combination).
Please create a separate wiki page for your dark horse idea so we can link to it individually. Post the link on http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/category/milestone-3-dark-horse-ideas when done