Milestone 3 TestSet
This is the submission for the Team TestSet.
- Requesters should be able to trust workers based on prior work history.
- Each worker should have a bio that adds to the 'human'ness of the worker. This will definitely be a step towards ensuring that workers are not a commodity, but human beings that deserve respect and trust. An image and a description of the individual can go a long way in accomplishing this.
- Workers should be trusted to get the work done with sincerity.
- Clear and transparent evaluation schemes should be laid out before a task is posted.
- No rejection should be possible, since clear terms and conditions will be mentioned about each work.
- Money should be clearly on the table (figuratively speaking).
- Communication channels should be readily available for the workers and the Requesters
- Better ways to sort should be suggested by the platform, allowing greater trust with the platform.
- Work contracts and policies stating rights of workers and requestors should be easily accessible and visible
- Requesters cannot alone decide if a work is acceptable or if the work should be rejected. Each work request should have moderators assigned to it who would decide what work gets accepted and what gets rejected.
- The payment should not be delayed in any case. The way this can work is, if someone accomplishes 75% of the task then the person is immediately paid the full amount. If the person then does not complete the work, this money is taken back entirely. But this ensures timely payment, and a shift of power from the requester to the worker. It also improves motivation to complete possibly boring surveys.
- Requesters can validate the workers ability. This can mean the requesters can encourage good workers by other incentives like extra payment or hiring them specifically for getting more work done.
- Workers can together form groups and unions to make sure their voices are heard. This can not only ensure minimum wage for good quality work but can also lead to a shift of power from requesters to workers.
- Workers should be able to communicate ideas to requesters about task complaints, task problems and requesters should be committed to replying and addressing such needs so as to ensure they have complete say in what ideas get rejected and what get accepted.
- Workers should be allowed to vote on Requesters and possibly get them to leave, or radically change their standards.
- When there isn't much money involved, there should be a bigger purpose offered for why a task is worth doing, or there should be a Kickstarter like system (depending on some attibutes assignable to the Requester) where the Requester can basically fundraise for a task they can't spend much money on.
Dive Deeper into Specific Ideas
- Milestone 3 TestSet TrustIdea 1: PhotoAndBio - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/7sWFzW9MCHJy5mWBh
- Milestone 3 TestSet TrustIdea 2: NoRejectionPossible - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/6HTZwBHRnS5mmybKw
- Milestone 3 TestSet PowerIdea 1: Moderator - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/y3XgdvHcCCtiy7Zse
- Milestone 3 TestSet PowerIdea 2: 75payment - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/ST4Dy5zZTooAJnicC