Milestone 3 UWI
Template for your submission for Milestone 3. Do not edit this directly - instead, make a new page at Milestone 3 YourTeamName or whatever your team name is, and copy this template over. You can view the source of this page by clicking the Edit button at the top-right of this page, or by clicking here.
Based on the summary of needs provided in the meeting and the results of our own observations, we generate the the ideas from the list of "How might we" questions and we found some ideas con serve both the needs of trust and that of power.
"How might we" Questions
1. How might we give workers the power to find appropriate tasks?
2. How might we enable workers to expose or display their skills to requesters?
3. How might we enable workers to trust requester’s intention to pay fairly?
4. How might we enable the workers to be treated fairly and have a voice?
5. How might we ensure the tasks have fixed and easy to understand goals?
6. How might we provide requesters correct hit results quickly?
7. How might we enable the requesters to trust the results?
8. How might we enable the requesters to generate the hits?
9. How might we enable the requesters to price the hits appropriately?
10. How might we enable new-enter users to be familiar with the site?
11.How might we enable workers to trust that requesters pay fair wage for their work?
12. How might we enable workers to win trust from requesters?
13. How might we enable workers to differentiate valuable tasks among all jobs on the list?
14. How might we enable workers to claim unfair treatment?
15. How might we enable workers to feel respect sent by requesters?
16. How might we enable workers to get engaged into the job?
17. How might we enable requesters to differentiate serious workers from AMT workers coming into AMT platform for fun?
18. How might we enable a requester to know what is the average wage for similar job?
19. How might we enable a requester to filter out invalid work in a short period of time?
20. How might we enable a requester to avoid workers who come to the platform only for quick money without putting efforts into task?
21. How might we enable a requester to attract more qualified workers coming into AMT to finish the task?
1. Only existing requesters/workers can invite new requesters/workers.
2. New requesters should apply to be a requesters and provide more qualification and information.
3. Improve the rating system of the platform
4. Short the response time for requesters to accept workers' work.
5. To allow workers to follow requesters on AMT; workers can add/follow other workers; requesters can add/follow other requesters, etc.; therefore, 1) workers can have better communication internally, 2) requester can recommend good workers to other requesters, 3) a requester can send invitation to the worker he/she likes.
6. Workers can report the spammers
7. Set up a customer service to provide services for both worker and requester, or solving conflicts between worker and requester.
8. Allow requesters to give recommendation to workers on their profile page.
9. Allow requesters to grade workers job performance & give feedback (mandatory).
10. Workers and requesters set up personal profile page, which include photo, demography, purpose of using this platform, task interests, average time spending on this platform, etc.
11. Allow worker/requester to shoot video and post it on the platform for self-introduce or task instruction purpose.
12. Allow workers to request requesters to give feedback on the job finished by them (volunteer).
1. Workers can add tags about their skills and the type of tasks they are good at.
2. Add the filters in the side bar and Add categories on the first pages of all the hits.
3. Improve the search function and allow the workers to search hits by preferred requesters.
4. Requesters can define metrics to judge work, but there is only good, better, best work and no bad work.
5. Workers can vouch the skills of other workers.
6. Workers can earn badges to prove their skills while they work on the platform. For example, if a worker is good at translating hits, he will get a badges to prove his skill of translation. 7. The system provides leaderboard of top workers.
8. The requesters can provide rubrics/metrics that can give workers the guidelines for doing the hits. These would also benefit the requesters since workers can know how to do the tasks according to the rubrics instead of mailing the requesters all the time.
9. The system will provide the ideal solutions to workers after they finish the hits.
10. The system can suggest qualified workers to for a particular hit to the requester, based on workers tags, badges and work history.
11. The workers can get the notifications of new hits that are suitable for their qualifications or that are posted by the preferred requesters.
12. The system will provide the template and the samples of previous tasks
13. The system will provide themes with existing and rearranging blocks.
14. The platform has the application for smartphone and tablet. 15. The requesters can provide test hits before the real hits to the workers. Workers can also know the requirements of the hits from the test and know whether they are able to do these hits or not.
16. The workers and requesters can use the community to share the good prices.
17. Having instruction on the front page for letting workers get familiar with the site quickly.
18.Information showing on each HITs should include the average payment of similar task.
19. Having the functionality to show the average accomplishing time of one task; so that workers can expect the hardness of the task and evaluate whether it’s worth to put efforts in.
20. For people who had fraud behavior, system can force them log out from the platform, and stop use the system for a week or so.
21. The system would automatically check if the workers follow the rubric of the hits.
Dive Deeper into Specific Ideas
For each of the 4 ideas (2 for trust, 2 for power), describe (using diagrams, sketches, storyboards, text, or some combination) the ideas in further detail.
Please create a separate wiki page for each of your ideas, so we can link to them individually. The title of the wiki page should be Milestone 3 followed by your team name and a description of the idea itself (ex: Milestone 3 YourTeamName TrustIdea 1: Automatic Pricing for Tasks based on Average Completion Time). Once done, post a link to each of your trust-related ideas to http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/category/milestone-3-trust-ideas and a link to each of your power-related ideas to http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/category/milestone-3-power-ideas when done, following the instructions at http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/bXSNbqihjajASBQEL
- Milestone 3 YourTeamName TrustIdea 1: Description of some trust-related idea - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/TaNbEkmeoSSiv5vDB
- Milestone 3 YourTeamName TrustIdea 2: Description of another trust-related idea - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/ShEsGS3tx2Gdq9noJ
- Milestone 3 YourTeamName PowerIdea 1: Description of some power-related idea - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/HEiG2GyJWLFPzThYc
- Milestone 3 YourTeamName PowerIdea 2: Description of another power-related idea - http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/posts/qsv2bcRNjSL3PC8sC
Dark Horse idea
Describe your dark horse idea (using diagrams, sketches, storyboards, text, or some combination).
Please create a separate wiki page for your dark horse idea so we can link to it individually. Post the link on http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/category/milestone-3-dark-horse-ideas when done