Difference between revisions of "Milestone 3 researchinprogress"
|Line 94:||Line 94:|
* [[Milestone 3
* [[Milestone 3 DarkHorseIdea:My Virtual Dollar]] - http://crowdresearch.stanford.edu/w/index.php?title=Milestone_3_researchinprogess_DarkHorseIdea:My_Virtual_Dollar
Revision as of 14:03, 18 March 2015
1. How does the requester ensure the work(HIT) submitted is correct and ensure quality?
- Dividing the work into a set of milestones which will checked by the requester time to time and partial payment will be done on that basis. Workers need to trust that they will be fairly compensated for the work they do.
- The requester must target his HITs to the workers matching the skill-set needed for that HIT to ensure quality.
- The HITs must be described well-enough so that there is no predicament in understanding the task and correct results are received.
- Sometimes requesters want to know the skills and capabilities of the worker taking up a task because of which they put up a survey/questionnaire before the actual task id made available to the worker. Workers are usually expected to fill them up free of cost. However, a worker is taking out his time to fill up the survey to be able to do a job for the requester and thus, the requester should pay the worker a small amount for this because it ensures quality.
- The time limit set should not be too challenging, and should be a bit more than the average completion time expected to getter better results.
2. Check the identity of the Worker : A platform wherein the previous work of the workers will be recorded and the worker will be given some certification that they are genuine. To verify a worker's genuineness Captcha filtering followed by Interviewing should be followed. Qualification tests to filter the workers based on skillset and then an informal communication between the worker and the requester would help in building trust.
3. How does the worker ensure that he has understood the task?
- Requester must provide video lectures .
- A meeting channel for doubt clarification and Hangouts incase majority of people wish to get more information about HITs.
- Provide good documentation and technical support and pay the people who provide it.
4. How do workers trust that they will be fairly compensated for the work they do?
- Work should be approved for HITs as soon as possible.
- Requesters must be ranked/rated on the basis of their previous contributions to AMT ,posted HITs and payment methods to get an idea as to how the worker will be paid for the work done (TurkOpticon).
- Transparency should be maintained between the requesters and the workers regarding evaluation and correctness of HITs so that the workers know what they are being paid for and what not.
- Workers might be awaiting the payment of their job as soon as possible. They should be ensured payment within a certain time if the work is correctly done.
- Definite terms for rejection of workers should be clearly specified in the question.
- Workers should be paid more if they are capable of doing a task a step further. This should be ensured by clearly specifying the bonus task in the question with the extra payment made. It would be good to approve tasks with bonus tasks done more quickly as the worker will be expecting a higher payment and has done more work than others.
1. How do the workers find the suitable job based on their skillset?
- The workers should be allowed to provide their skills on the platform so that the requesters are able to provide HITs to workers with a specific skillset.
- Mturk can provide a search functionality to make it easier for the workers to search for a specific task and a requester.
- Groups consisting of same skillset of workers can help them share information , tasks and recommendation. The same category of workers can recommend a task to one another. This can also them in finding appropriate tasks and requesters.
2. The power to edit or leave comments/ suggestions on their or other’s work.
- Others can comment or suggest on any worker’s task which could be used by the worker for their own benefit which can lead them to earn more money from the task. The requester can also comment and give a feedback to the worker so that he/she can use the ideas for future tasks.
- There can be a system devised that can allow two workers to work together on a task and get the payment done accordingly after negotiation with the requester. This will lead to a better quality work and faster delivery of the task.
3. Power to the requester for encouraging worker. Beneficial?
- A requester can recommend a worker to other requesters if he/she finds their extraordinary for the betterment of other requesters. Worker can be presented with a Letter of Recommendation.
- A requester can give bonus credit to the worker by paying him/her slightly more than what was initially stated.
4. How to ensure that the workers understand the task completely?
- An idea to increase the interaction between requester and workers by using the concept of upvoting, and then holding a google hangout meeting along with slack, so that tasks are understood properly by the workers.
5. Who has the power to get the task noticed ?
- A system that would help bring up all the unnoticed requesters in front of the workers and hence it would lead to more acceptance of HITs posted by them. Although they will be filtered by Turkopticon.
6. Who has the power to recommend a skill of worker?
- The requestor would recommend a skill in which he can vouch for a skill of the worker and/or give a letter of recommendation to the worker who have worked for them and have done an exceptional work.
Dive Deeper into Specific Ideas
- Milestone 3 researchinprogress TrustIdea 1:ScamScreenSystem(Layered Screening of Scammers) - http://crowdresearch.stanford.edu/w/index.php?title=Milestone_3_researchinprogress_TrustIdea_1:ScamScreenSystem(Layered_Screening_of_Scammers)
- Milestone 3 researchinprogress TrustIdea 2:Rejection Lock - http://crowdresearch.stanford.edu/w/index.php?title=Milestone_3_researchinprogress_TrustIdea_2:Rejection_Lock
- Milestone 3 researchinprogress PowerIdea 1:Let's Hangout - http://crowdresearch.stanford.edu/w/index.php?title=Milestone_3_researchinprogress_PowerIdea_1:Let%27s_Hangout
- Milestone 3 researchinprogress PowerIdea 2: FiltREQ - http://crowdresearch.stanford.edu/w/index.php?title=Milestone_3_researchinprogress_PowerIdea_2:_FiltREQ