Milestone 4 ABC
- 1 Design Axes for 3 Themes
- 2 List of Ideas and the Theme they belong to
Design Axes for 3 Themes
For each of the three themes you've chosen, talk with your team about:
- What do these ideas tend to have in common?
- How do these ideas tend to differ?
Use your insights from this conversation to generate design axes like we discussed in last week's meeting (see slide notes if you'd like). Write up a short paragraph (2-4 sentences) for each theme summarizing the similarities, differences, and axes inspired.
TASK CLARITY: How might workers+requesters work together help produce higher-quality task descriptions?
Task clarity is important for both workers and requesters. Good task design will make it easy for workers to understand their task and as a result can perform their task with high efficiency. But at the same time it is difficult to design a perfect task and requester may find find it time consuming and intimidating. Thus, there is a need of a system which will help requester in designing a perfect task. Good template design and workers feed-backs are few solutions which were described in the examples under this theme.
- All the examples under this theme stress on the importance of the worker's feedback specially on on the quality of task design and payment.
- The main aim of all these examples is to design task in such a way that it is relevant for both worker and requester.
- Workers must be assigned work according to their interest as it will keep them motivated and interested.
- Workers feedbacks are given utmost importance in order to make a good task design.
EMPATHY: How might we build empathy between workers and requesters?
- All the ideas in the theme talk about adding a human element to the platform in order to strengthen the empathy between the requester and worker.
- All the ideas directly or indirectly reflect upon the fact that there should be an increased amount of transparency between the workers and requesters so that they get to know each other better.
- The ideas talk about bringing, identifying and maybe rewarding the best of the rest into the limelight.
- The crowdbeers concept involves social linking of workers and requesters which is in contrast to the other four mentioned.
- The empathy idea of creating trust by walking in each other's shoes is a very different approach to the rest. Here, workers and requesters will swap their roles in order to get a better insight of each other's positive and negative aspects of the system.
- Surprise gifts and bonus pool payment system makes use of the concept that workers will work with more intent, desire and dedication if they are provided with added benefits for working extra.
- User profiles focuses on the fact that both parties, i.e. workers and requesters would be more comfortable if they can view relevant information in the other's user profile. This provides a human element to the whole process and would eradicate the strange feeling of working with APIs.
REPUTATION: How might we design better reputation systems?
- The ideas discussed in this theme tend to revolve around the ratings (reputation level) of the worker and the requester on the platform. Reputation level could be provided on the basis of lot of parameters, for instance, skill sets of the workers, time spent on the platform or maybe the compatibility and generosity shown by the requester.
- Also, with the increase in your reputation level, tasks become easily accessible and also match your skillset.
- For the newbies on the system, not many tasks might be available.
The idea Expose Worker Skills allow the workers to choose their skillset and provide a rating for that skill on a scale of 1 to 10. However, the idea User Rating System allows the workers to be rated by others based on their skillset, the work quality, timely completion of tasks etc.