Milestone 4 PNPVirtualMachine: Dynamic Reputation
Problem at hand
Develop a system that builds a dynamic system that recognizes the experience and efforts of workers and requesters to improve productivity and enable higher pay. Yet, it should not be too rigid that the newcomers are at a disadvantage always
Team pixelperfect’s idea of creating a tier like system for moving experienced people up the levels is a good way of representing the structure that can be adopted. Further, Team AMS proposed the idea of classifying based on skill sets to match the 2 ends.
- The tasks are categorised based on the skills required. Each skill category has certain hierarchy which will build the reputation of the worker in it. The worker can move up the levels to get tasks which are more complex and pay well accordingly. The proficiency can be measured through multiple levels for a more complete classification. One such level in one skill category is illustrated in the figure through the first stage.
- In order for a worker to move up the ranks, he/she will undergo a series of testing and evaluation, and based on the performance, the person moves up or down the levels. The movement considers both the accuracy of task completion and the number of similar tasks done before. The evaluation phase has a minimum amount of pay.
- Here, a newbie, who can do the required tasks well, will be able to move up the ranks rather quickly. He should be able to build up the reputation in an easy way once he gets through the evaluation phases.
- Further, with the evaluation being done continuously, even an established pro may move down the ranks if his quality drops steadily over a sustained period of time. This will ensure a merit based system to gauge performance.
- However, if the experienced person fails to meet the minimum level of competency, he will be lead through a short training set with feedback about his work. This will help them correct their mistakes and give them a chance to move up more easily. Such a system is not done for newcomers until they get the experience. So, some amount of credit is given to the past experience.
Thus, this places an emphasis on experience along with current performance to dynamically move workers up the levels, to improve quality .