Milestone 4 Sundevils
- 1 THEME 1
- 2 Resolution: How might we enable a fairer dispute resolution process and who's fault is it?
- 3 THEME 2
- 4 THEME 3
- 5 List of Ideas and the Theme they belong to
Resolution: How might we enable a fairer dispute resolution process and who's fault is it?
- Disputes in different form. A dispute can be in terms of monetary compensation, it can be in terms of work rejection, it can be in terms of bad rating given.
- What are the criterion for down voting against a Worker/Requester - Observe him for n number of times, if he defaults, give him a negative badge, Requester should have a direct call with the worker to address his issues.
- What needs to be done when a requester/worker is found defaulting many times - like moving him to low priority for some n number of times before making him a normal candidate again, withhold his payment.
- What might be the ways to solve disputes - Moderator based design, Worker-Requester direct call, push them to a low priority.
The ideas differ in terms of
- Methods either use, A moderator based approach in which the workers have option to appeal to a Moderator and follow his decision, or raise his dispute and withhold their corresponding accounts.
- There are different perspective for the issue. What qualifies as a dispute, what to do when a dispute arises, How to solve them (Either use a 3rd party or follow down voting mechanism)
Result: How might workers+ Requester work together to produce higher-quality results?
- Involves a group collaboration of workers in method 1 and Managers in method 2.
- Both of them increases the work of the requester in a way that there is a direct dependence between the load on requester and the quality of work done.
- The ultimate authority lies with the requester(He can do it if he does not want a particular worker to take up the task)
The Ideas differ in terms of
- Level of hierarchy: Method 1 has simple concept of workers who rate other workers, in method 2, complex tasks are subdivided and are assigned to Managers, Manager further handles the subdivision and assigned to workers
- Concept of enterprise hierarchy in method 2.
Reputation: How might we design better reputation systems?
- A rating system is proposed to ensure quality work is done and how to make good workers stand out.
- Importance is given to identify and separate skilled workers from the pool of all workers.
- The rating system concentrates on categorizing workers based on their specific set of skills.
The ideas differ in terms of
- The first idea envisions rating of both worker and requester. But the third and fourth idea is about rating the requester and self rating.
- The second idea is a good option for experienced workers but is a pifall for new workers.
- Self rating system is not reliable enough and rating given by requesters might also be prejudiced.
List of Ideas and the Theme they belong to
Provide them in whatever format you want - diagrams, sketches, table, or a combination.
For each of the 3 ideas, describe (using diagrams, sketches, storyboards, text, or some combination) the ideas in further detail.
Please create a separate wiki page for each of your ideas, so we can link to them individually. The title of the wiki page should be Milestone 4 followed by your team name and a description of the idea itself (ex: Milestone 4 YourTeamName Reputation: Leveling System for Workers Leading to Better Wages). Once done, post a link to each of your THEME-related ideas to http://crowdresearch.meteor.com/ following the instructions at Milestone 4#Submitting