Milestone 4 TuringMachine: Sustainable Reputation Mechanism; Insights from Finance Industry
Influence and Related work
The Future of Work, Kittur etal 2013 and Genomes of Collective Intelligence Framework, Malone etal 2010 have shown that Reputation plays a big role in developing sustainable crowd sourcing communities. We build our idea based on theories in structured finance and recommendation system.
- Workers and requestors rate each other.
- An automated tranche creation algorithm clusters workers into A to E category.
Tranches Structure Penalties, Incentives
- For the requestors in A tranche the minimum wage requirement is avg/below avg. However, for the requestors in D the minimum wage requirement is higher. Similar structure is designed for the worker please see figure 2.
- Based on the ratings we can create the tranches of workers and requestors
- This structure exposes the risk involved in the crowdsourcing platforms.
- Using rating profiles workers can build the task portfolio and maximize the profit by diversifying the risk. For instance, a worker can select one task from tranch A, 3 from Avg, and rest from D.