Summer Milestone 10 lucamatsumoto Macro Work Submission
Macro Work Submission Page
This is the rough design idea of the page to submit works for macro tasks.
Macro Work v.s. Micro Work
What is the difference between macro and micro work? Although they are not fundamentally different, I would imagine,
- Requesters may want to specify file name patterns in some cases.
Features for Macro Work Submission
- Upload binary file(s)
- Use the file names given by workers
- Requester can specify file naming convention
- Google Drive/Drop Box integration
The following are the design ideas. It doesn't show all the features listed above.
Option 1: Add "file upload form" to the prototype page
Option 2: Create a new page to upload multiple files
1. Google Drive/Drop Box Integration
- I believe the files should be uploaded to Google Drive/Drop Box thru Daemo. If we allow workers to upload files directly to Google Drive/Drop Box, we can't keep track of the work submission.
2. How long should we keep the files
- If we store uploaded files in our database, it will eat up the storage space. Should we ask requesters to download the files and remove them from our storage after a while?
Need more time to design...
The followings are just for my memo. I need to think more on these.
Page URL: /work/ API URL: /api/work/
Work id AutoField task ForeignKey (id) -> Task comment TextField file_count IntegerField
- The file count field is to keep the number of files originally uploaded. This may be useful because the files may be deleted or lost after we upload them to the destination site.
WorkFiles id AutoField work ForeignKey (id) -> Work link TextField (or URLField)