Summer Milestone 10 lucamatsumoto Macro Work Submission
Macro Work Submission Page
This is the rough design idea of the page to submit works for macro tasks.
Macro Work v.s. Micro Work
What is the difference between macro and micro work? Although they are not fundamentally different, I would imagine,
- Since macro tasks take longer time than micro tasks, the result document may be a lot longer, any may have complex format. It will be in binary format like PDF, or application specific files such as doc, ppt, xls.
- Requesters may or may not know how many files workers will create. For example, if the task is programming in Java, the number of source code and their names may vary.
- Requesters may want to specify file names in some cases.
Features for Macro Work Submission
- Upload binary file(s)
- Use the file names given by workers
- Requester can specify file naming convention
- Google Drive/Drop Box integration
Option 1: Add "file upload form" to the prototype page
Option 2: Create a new page to upload multiple files
1. Google Drive/Drop Box Integration
- I believe the files should be uploaded to Google Drive/Drop Box thru Daemo. If we allow workers uploading files directly to Google Drive/Drop Box, we can't keep track the work submission.
2. How long should we keep the files
- If we store uploaded files in our database, it will eat up the storage space. Should we ask requesters to download the files and remove them from our storage after a while?
Need more time to design...
The followings are just for my memo. I need to think more on these.
Page URL: /work/ API URL: /api/work/
Work id AutoField task ForeignKey (id) -> Task comment TextField file_count IntegerField
- The file count field is to keep the number of files originally uploaded. This may be useful because the files may be deleted or lost after we upload them to the destination site.
WorkFiles id AutoField work ForeignKey (id) -> Work link TextField (or URLField)