WinterMilestone 3 Duka DarkHorseIdea: Increasing the scale of work on crowdsourcing platforms
Increasing the scale of work on crowdsourcing platforms
An idea that comes to mind is the integration of a crowdsourcing platform into businesses throughout industry. We are here to research and hopefully implement a revolutionary new platform, however, we cannot ignore the obvious fact that there are workers that provide good quality results and labor. With that said, perhaps companies could in essence become major requesters and take advantage of crowdsourcing platforms/labor. As a result, the population of tasks will increase and will hopefully ensure a healthy future for crowdsourcing. This idea’s purpose is to address the possibility of the amount of work provided by these platforms is not sufficient for population of workers.
Industry can make use of the crowdsourcing not only for research but also other roles whether they be organizational, data entry or other tasks. Some red flags (and other concerns) that come to my mind are as follows:
- Businesses will not feel comfortable placing work in the hands of crowds
- Crowds may be work with information with varying amounts of sensitivity
- Will workers be able to uphold the protocols of completing the tasks?
- Will a discussion about worker’s rights need to enter the mix?
- Internal job roles can be fulfilled by crowdsource workers, thus jobs can be fulfilled by other means (good for companies, bad for employees in those roles)
- Diane Phan @diane
- Kimberly Le @kimberly35
- Nicolas Rodriguez @nick13rodriguez
- Renan Castro @renan
- Samarth Sandeep @samarthsandeep