Worker-Requester Panel: Meeting Notes by Dcthompson & Willtchiu
- platform that encourages ethical behaviour in workers, good at teaching new turkers the proper way of doing HITs
- advises requesters on appropriate qualifications needed
- Problem: HITs posted in TurkerNation chat room, sometimes not visible in threads.
- On tackling HITs: Chooses HITs that do not risk approval rating (i.e. 99%)
- Kept track of HITs, payment, and time it took.
- Problem: Gauging time spent on HITs are hard, because different people have different skill sets (i.e. some are slower, faster, more conscientious)
- Suggestion: Some sort of hourly wage prediction?
- Problem: New worker’s reputation is very volatile, takes only 1 HIT to hurt < 100 HIT workers
- Idea: Streaks of accepted HITs give an extra boost to a worker’s reputation; makes it more forgiving if failing a HIT, yet more rewarding for consistently doing well
- Problem: Unpredictable when HITs are posted
- Prioritize higher paying HITs
- HITs are never scheduled out, edge of the seat waiting for HITs
- Need to make decisions between life and doing HITs
- HITs are posted at all times of the day
- alert groups that send out messages when new HITs are posted
- Prioritizes worker approval ratings first, and requesters who have a good reputation
- Suggestion: Wants better interaction with requesters to clarify HITs
- Suggestion: People on forums give feedback on HITs; especially time estimates are important
- Problem: Fluctuation of wages are very unpredictable; hard to budget income or spending because of this.
- Need: Tools similar to http://crowd-workers.com
- Workers are awesome at emailing requesters if HITs are unclear
- Suggestion: It’ll be awesome to have more interaction between workers and requesters.
- Problem: When scaling HITs to much larger volume, requester’s time to respond to HITs is limited and they outsource, in effect, the job of answering Turkers’ emails.
- Needs: Automatic judiciary system that will handle disputed cases for approval or disapproval.
- Idea: Turkers who have a very high approval rating can opt to be judges of cases of dispute
- http://crowd-workers.com (Tracks hourly wage, time completion, and HIT specifications)
Posted HITs on labels on bookshelves
Concern: We care about quality, and if a worker falls below a certain percentage of approval then we reject them. Need: A HIT inside an iframe, customizable interface for HITs
- Posts survey type of HITs
- Problem: Hard to gauge attention span of survey takers, ensure truthful answers
SpamGirl (Kristy, Worker and Requester)
- Need: Built-in workflows capabilities
Contributors: @Dcthompson and @Willtchiu